Things You Can Do To Make Veterinary Visits Better for Everyone Involved
- Accustom your pet to its carrier and to traveling in the car.
- If your veterinarian doesn't already have your pet's medical record on file, bring it with you or have your previous veterinary team send or fax the records - or, at minimum, bring your own notes on your pet's health and medical history.
- Please arrive on time or a few minutes early for your appointment.
- Turn your cell phone off while you are in the exam room.
- Know what medications your pet is currently receiving (including supplements), as well as how much, how often, and how long it has been given, and/or bring them with you.
- Share your observations and concerns with your veterinarian - after all, you know your pet better than anyone else does.
- Ask questions - Ask until you understand
- Ask for handouts, brochures, or even reputable online sources of information about your pet's health.
- Follow your veterinarians's recommendations. They're given for one very important reason - to keep your pet healthy.